Detailed Guide on “d’link DAP 1620” WiFi Extender Setup
If you are not getting enough WiFi signals at all corners of your home, performing a d’link DAP 1620 setup is the best option for you. This device comes with a set of LED display lights that shows the working status. It has many flawless features that work fluently amazing and enhance the internet experience. Here, in this blog, we are going to tell you about the detailed configuration steps of the d’link DAP 1620 extender so that you can enjoy the blazing-fast internet in your home. Keep reading to find out more!
“d’link DAP 1620” WiFi Extender Setup Steps
To install the d’link DAP 1620 WiFi extender, you have a manual method which is the simple and easy. In this procedure, you need the following things at hand:
- A good and stable internet connection from ISP.
- Well-working wall outlet which supplies the fluctuation free electricity.
- Quality LAN cables.
- Default credentials of the extender.
- Default web or IP address to access the login page.
- A device like a computer, laptop, or mobile.
- Updated internet browser.
Once all these things are getting ready, you are all set to proceed further.
Step1: Reboot the Router
The first thing you have to do is give a power cycle to the host router so that it works properly during the configuration process. Here are the steps to reboot the device easily:
- Initially, turn off the device by pressing the power button.
- Now remove it from the working wall outlet.
- Wait for 2-5 minutes until the device powers off properly.
- Thereafter, plug the router again and press the power on button.
- Now you can perform the further step of dlink extender setup.
Step2: Unboxing & Placement
- Now all you have to do is unbox the range extender.
- Check all the belongings of the device like antennas, AC adapter, & Ethernet cable.
- Thereafter, looking for a perfect location for the extender near the host router.
- The location should be dust free and have working a wall outlet.
Step3: Connect the Extender to the Host Router
- Make the connection between the d’link DAP 1620 extender and host router via LAN cable.
- Insert one end of the LAN cable into the extender and another into the router.
- Make a finger-tight connection between the devices to avoid network issues.
Step4: Power on the Extender
- Plug it into the working wall outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the device.
Step5: Connect the Computer to Extender Network
- To make the connection between the extender and computer you have two ways wireless and wired. You can go with any one of them according to your comfort.
- Whatever mode of connection you will choose, make sure devices should be connected well.
Tip: Once you are done with the connections of the device, you need to check all the connections to ensure everything is all right to proceed further or not.
Step6: Open Web Browser
- After completing the connections steps, you need an updated internet browser.
- You can use any of these- Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, and Bing.
- Make sure the browser is running on its updated version.
Step7: Access the Default URL
- Type the default web address or IP address into the URL bar of the browser.
- You can take the help of the user manual in case you are not able to remember it.
- After entering the URL press the Enter key to access the Login page.
Step8: d’link DAP 1620 Login
- Now you will prompt to fill in the password and username.
- You need to fill these into the on-screen fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
Step9: Access the Dashboard
- You will see the dashboard of the d’link DAP 1620 WiFi extender.
- Here you will see on-screen instructions which you have to follow to complete the setup.
In this hassle-free manner, you can configure your D-link Extender. However, you face issues to perform the above steps, then you can go with the d’link app to install the d’link extender in your home. Moreover, below have we given the important points that you can consider in case you face issues while installing.
Important Points DLink DAP 1620 Extender Setup
“d’link DAP 1620” Extender Red Light
If your d’link DAP 1620 extender is showing blinking red light, it means that the extender is not connected to the host network. So to fix this issue you have to check the connection between the host router and extender.
“d’link DAP1620” Reset
You can also perform the d’link DAP 1620 reset process to fix the major issues related to the device below are the steps for reset:
- Ensure that your extender is powered on properly.
- Look for the reset button that is situated at the back panel of the device.
- Press the reset button with a pin.
- Hold it for some seconds until the device is rebooted.
In this way, you can reset your device easily to fix the issues.