Dlink Camera Setup: Wizard Information And Installation
Dlink is a brand that not even provides routers, extenders or boosters to the users, it also distributes security cameras. These cameras give you easy setup, amazing features, HD video and audio experience, and live coverage in your home.
In its new camera box, you will get day and night tilt cloud Dlink camera, an Ethernet cable, power adaptor, software in CD. You will also find quick installation guide and mounting bracket and screws.
There are simple system requirements for a new Dlink camera setup:
- Computer with Microsoft Windows 8/7/vista/XP or MAC.
- PC that has 1.3 GHz or above and has at least 128 MB RAM.
- The computer must have Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 12 or higher version.
Remember, installation of camera is pretty different then Dlink WiFi extender setup. Here in this blog, you will get to know much more about the Dlink camera setup and its wizard access process. So, at first let’s have a look at specifications of the camera that are written below.
Specification: Dlink Camera Setup
In this section of the blog you will get information about the Dlink camera shape and specifications one by one.
- The D-Link camera shape is circular, which help it to move 360 degrees.
- On the front of the device, you will see camera lens, light sensor and microphone.
- You also find WPS and power LED lights that shows WPS and electricity status of the camera.
- At the back you will get a WPS and reset button to connect wireless devices and reset the camera system.
- You also see Ethernet port and a power connector to link other devices using cables and supply power to it.
Connection to Router: Dlink Camera Setup
You can easily connect your new camera with your home router with Ethernet cable or WPS button. Let’s see how you can link it with Ethernet cable first.
Via Ethernet Cable
- Place it near to the router and locate camera’s Ethernet port and router’s LAN port.
- Connect the both the devices using Ethernet cable that will insert into the located ports.
- Turn the camera on by connect the power cord in to the wall socket.
Via WPS Button
- For connection via WPS button, you have to start the camera first using the power cord.
- Press the WPS button on the router and then the WPS button of the Dlink camera.
- Both of the devices will connect automatically after some seconds.
After starting the Dlink device, you can step onto the next task to complete the Dlink camera setup that is Dlink camera setup Wizard.
Dlink Camera Setup Wizard
There are two subsections in this section of the blog. One that explains how to access the Wizard from the windows and second will explains how to access Wizard using Mac.
- At first, connect you computer to laptop to your router via cable or wirelessly.
- Use the software CD and insert it in your CPU or laptop.
- The program will start automatically, if not then simply go to Start>Run.
- Click on the Set up Your Cloud Camera button to through the setup Wizard.
- Here, you will get instructions to setup the Dlink camera device.
- Just insert the CD in Mac operated computer or laptop optical drive.
- Locate and open up the CD drive and double click on the Setup Wizard file.
- After some seconds, the Wizard will open.
- On this page, you will be guided step by step instructions to complete the setup.
It is totally different then the Dlink WiFi extender setup which you can complete with the help of the dlinkap.local interface.
Let’s end this blog by adding few positive lines and words. In this above-written blog, you have learned how to complete the Dlink camera setup. We have also provides simple instructions to access the Dlink camera Wizard using CD-ROM in your Mac or Windows computer or laptop. We are hoping you have set your Dlink HD view camera with the help of this blog and make your home security stronger with it.