Dlink Long Range WiFi Extender: Short Overview
Dlink WiFi range extenders are used to extend and boost your home network reach and range in your home. Dlink is one of best brands that distribute best and high quality routers, extenders and boosters worldwide. But here, we will only discuss about Dlink WiFi extender.
In this blog, you will explore everything related to the Dlink long range WiFi extender outdoor device. This exploration includes shape, specifications, features, setup and troubleshooting tips. So, why you are waiting, let’s start with the shape of the Dlink WiFi extender.
Dlink Long Range WiFi Extender: Shape
Range extenders usually are small in size and plug-in devices, means you can directly plug it into the wall socket to supply power. Dlink also provide all the same network devices. Let’s see what you got on the Main extender unit.
- You will see a LED light on the front of the network device that shows status of the device like internet signal strength, power status and more others.
- You will see an Ethernet port and a reset button under the device, which help you to connect your computer and reset the extender system.
- You will get power button and WPS button on the side that you can use to power up the device and connect with router wirelessly.
Now, have a look on the specifications of the Dlink long range WiFi extender.
Dlink Long Range WiFi Extender: Specification
This section will give you knowledge about the Dlink WiFi signal repeater’s specifications. So, why waste time, let’s dive into it.
- The Dlink WiFi extender is mainly use for boosting the WiFi signals in your home. But, you can also connect it with the modems.
- WPS button will used for establish a wireless connection with your existing home WiFi router. But, it is advisable that you should connect with cable.
- This network device provides dual-band WiFi performance that helps two wireless bands for high speed WiFi coverage.
- It is also give you feature of one-touch connection, which connect a device to the network device with a touch of a button.
- You’ll get more than 800 Mbps WiFi speed (300 Mbps for 2.4 GHz and 850 Mbps for 5 GHz) in your home or apartment.
So, these are the specification of the Dlink long range WiFi extender. Now, look at the setup steps to install it in your home.
Dlink Long Range WiFi Extender: Setup
Here in this section, you will explore full setup process that includes ‘how to connect extender to router’ and ‘how to access interface of extender’. So, let’s take a look at it.
How to Connect Dlink Extender to Router?
- It is pretty simple to connect your Dlink range extender to your home router. Firstly, place it near to the router.
- Then, link both the device using an Ethernet cable by inserting the cable in to router’s LAN port and extender’s WAN port.
- Now, turn on the extender and router by plugging the extender in the wall socket and hitting the power button.
By starting the network devices, you have to complete the setup by adjusting the settings and networks through dlinkap/local. Let’s see how you can access the web interface.
How to Access Interface of Dlink Extender?
- To login, you have to link your desktop or laptop to your newly connected Dlink range extender through an Ethernet.
- After connecting your desktop, just start it and open any web browser, then search the login URL dlinkap.local.
- Searching login URL, the screen will take you to the login page of the Dlink interface. Here, you have to enter the credentials (username and password) using user manual of the extender.
- After entering login details and hitting NEXT button, you will be taken to the main interface page.
Here, you have to manage the settings and networks. You also can use this interface to update the Dlink range extender.
Let’s end this informative blog, where you have learned all about the D-Link long range WiFi extender. We have explained all information about the Dlink extender shape, specification, features and setup process. Hope you have read the entire blog and make your mind to purchase a Dlink signal repeater and extend the WiFi reach in your house.