How to Connect D-Link WiFi Extender to Spectrum Router?
Dlink extender has two methods, if you want to connect it to your spectrum WiFi router in your home. After connecting the router to the range extender and adjusting the settings, you can use the fast internet services in your home.
You can use this blog to make the router and Dlink range extender connection correctly. All the hardware setup and interface setup will be provided here with simple steps. This entire blog will answer the above asked question ‘how to connect D-Link WiFi extender to Spectrum router’.
Let’s Connect Dlink Extender to Spectrum Router
Establishing the connection is an easy process between the Dlink WiFi range extender and Spectrum WiFi router. But, before using it, you have to access its interface utility and manage settings and network of the extender. This section is divided into two different parts; one is hardware setup and second is get the access to the interface.
Hardware Installation Steps
You have to first place your Dlink network device close to the Spectrum router and connect them together with Ethernet cable.
Simply, locate the WAN port of the extender and LAN port of the WiFi router, then insert the cable into these ports.
After that you have to turn it on. Just plug the Dlink device to the nearest electric wall socket and press the power button of extender.
You also can connect the range extender wirelessly to your WiFi router. First, you have to turn it by using above written step. Then hit the router’s WPS button (given on the back of the router) and press the WPS button on the extender.
Both the devices will connect to each other automatically. Now, you can easily access the interface of the Dlink extender through your computer via dlinkap.local.
- Don’t use damaged cables like Ethernet cable, which is used to connect extender to spectrum WiFi router.
- You should insert the Ethernet cable to the router and extender ports correctly.
- Never plug the Dlink extender far away from your Spectrum WiFi router.
- Don’t plug it near to any electronic device like microwave oven. These devices cause networking devices.
- Also, make sure you are using a wall socket that is in good condition.
Access Interface via Computer
To log in to the web interface that is provided from Dlink, you have to connect your computer or laptop to the extender. Just use the LAN cable to establish the network between the devices.
Then, start the computer and open any web browser. Search the login URL dlinkap.local, and you will reach to the interface login page. Here, just type in the login credentials, which you can find in the user manual of the network device.
Simply, enter the login details (username and password) and click the NEXT button (given on the computer screen). With this action, you will reach inside the web interface.
In this interface, you can adjust the settings and networks, upgrade the extender system, and enable features of the D-Link device. Also, after the first login, you must change your admin password and add new strong one for security reasons.
- You have to connect a wired internet device like computer or laptop. Don’t use phone to log in to the interface.
- You should use updated web browser to access interface. To check or update, go the browser Settings>About> Update the internet browser.
- Before logging in, you must disable the ad-blocker of browser and antivirus of computer.
- Enter correct login URL and credentials (username and password) into browser and login page.
- You should change your admin password after the first access to the interface. It is important to secure your data and Dlink extender network.
Now, we have to end this interesting blog, which provided you information about how to connect D-Link WiFi extender to Spectrum router. Above here, you can see we have explained the connection step by step. These steps include hardware installation and accessing web interface via computer. We have also shared or added troubleshooting tips related to the connection. Assuming, you have read the entire blog and successfully connected both of the devices.