How to Link Dlink Mesh WiFi Extender to Any WiFi Router?
Mesh extenders helps your WiFi router’s signals to reach the WiFi dead corners in your house. Dlink is a brand that distributes extenders as well as routers worldwide. These devices are one of the most reliable and amazing network devices.
Here, in this blog, we only discuss about the Dlink Mesh WiFi extender device, its setup process, features and inbox utility. We will start this informative blog with unboxing the device and its features. Then we will start the installation process that will include how to connect Dlink extender to your router and how to manage its settings and networks.
Features And In-Box Utilities: Mesh WiFi Extender
Down here you will get information about the Dlink signal repeater features and in-box things. So, let’s start with the Unboxing the networking device.
Unboxing WiFi Extender
- In the box of the Dlink WiFi extender, you will get the main Dlink network unit.
- You will also get an Ethernet cable and a user manual that will help you to install the extender in your house.
Let’s see what features the extender provides to the users.
Features of Mesh Extender
- The Dlink signal repeater provides you fast and boosted speed in your home.
- It can easily connect with your home router through wire as well as wirelessly.
- It is a plug-in device, so you don’t have to use power cord to give it power. Just plug it in a wall socket.
- It provides you extended internet network connection with which you can use internet services in any corner of your house.
- With Dlink extender in your house, you will never face any wall interruptions or network interruptions.
Now, have a look at a small section that contains the information about how you can connect D’link mesh WiFi extender to your home router.
Setup Steps: Dlink Mesh WiFi Extender
You just have to follow simple steps to link your mesh WiFi extender to your home network router and then adjust settings.
How to Link Dlink WiFi Extender?
- Unbox, your Dlink device and place it close to the router.
- Connect it with the help of the Ethernet cable.
- Locate the WAN port of the extender and LAN port of the router and connect the cable to the ports.
- Turn it on by plugging it in to the nearest wall socket and pressing the power button.
- If your router has WPS button on the hardware then press it.
- Then plug in the extender, press the power button and then it the WPS button.
- After pressing the WPS button both of the devices auto connect together.
Now, let’s access to the interface of the mesh WiFi extender through your computer using dlinkap.local.
How to Adjust Settings And Networks?
In this section, you will get to know the procedure of accessing the web interface of the Dlink mesh extender.
- The next step of completing the installation of the extender is connecting a computer to it via LAN cable.
- After linking the desktop, you just have to open any browser in your computer and search dlinkap.local.
- The URL will take you to the login page of Dlink mesh extender interface. Now, type in the login credentials.
- User credentials (username and password) are given into the user manual of the Dlink range extender.
- Just enter details and click on the NEXT button. You will be directed to the interface of the device.
- From here, you can adjust the extender’s settings and networks with ease.
You also can update the system firmware through this interface. Also, change the password after the first login for security reasons.
So, here is the end of the setup of the Dlink mesh WiFi extender that includes simple steps like, how to connect it with home network, and how to adjust its settings and networks.
Let’s End It
Here is the end of this informative blog that contains the installation process of the Dlink mesh WiFi extender. We have shared simple and straight forward steps to make the setup easy and fast for you. Hoping, you have gone through all the information given in this blog and installed the Dlink extender in your house.