DLink AC1200 Extender Setup
If you want to increase the WiFi coverage of your existing WiFi network, then performing Dlink AC1200 extender setup will prove a big help to you. In addition to that, DLink AC1200 extender allows you connect other devices in your home to the extender WiFi network without putting any effect on the internet speed.
On this page, you will find some valuable information on setting up the DLink AC1200 extender with ease.
Methods to Perform DLink AC1200 Extender Setup
There are two methods to perform DLink AC1200 extender setup:
Ist Method: Using the manual method
2nd Method: Using the WPS method
We are now going to discuss both the methods in detail one-by-one:
DLink AC1200 Extender Setup Manually
Walk through the steps outlined below and know how to perform DLink extender setup process using the manual method:
- First thing, you need to establish a connection between your DLink WiFi range extender and your internet router. If you want to connect them using a wired source, then the Ethernet cable should be in working condition. However, if you want to connect them using a wireless source, then maintaining a safer distance between them is important. You should place the WiFi extender and router in reach of each other in order to connect them in a wireless source.
- Now, you need to put your WiFi range extender and router on power. You must ensure that your devices are receiving a constant power supply from their wall outlets. On the other hand, you should also see that the wall plugs of the devices are in working condition.
- Connect your desktop or laptop to the extender’s WiFi network. Make an Ethernet connection or use a wireless source for connecting them.
- Now, you need to open an internet browser and input dlinkap.local in the address bar. You can also use the extender’s IP address 192.168.0.50 to log in to the extender.
Note: You are free to use any web browser of your choice. But, you have to ensure that your browser is up-to-date. If it is not, update it right now and then put it in use. And, also ensure that browsing history and junk files are all clear.
- As soon as you have accessed the extender login page, you will see two empty fields. Fill the extender username and password into the fields provided, and click Login.
- And, there you are! Upon clicking on the Login button, you will see DLink AC1200 extender setup instructions appearing on-screen. You need to execute them in the exact way they are provided.
- Fab! You have successfully completed the D’Link DAP 1610 setup process using the manual method.
- Do not get confused! AC1200 and 1610 do not differ from each other. 1610 is the D’Link extender’s model and AC1200 is its frequency, the dual-band WiFi speed provided by it (the extender) to its users upon setting it up.
- Now, you can change the location of your WiFi range extender. But, make sure that your extender is placed halfway between your host router and blind spot.
- Plug in your WiFi range extender and turn it on. Make sure that the extender’s wall plug is in good condition.
- After turning on the extender, locate the WPS button on it.
- Once you have located it, press it gently and wait for a few minutes. Let the LED on your extender to become stable.
- Now, press the WPS button on your host router as well.
- Make sure that your WiFi extender and router are placed within range of each other. Also, you must try to keep them away from corners and lower surface.
- Your desktop or laptop must be connected to your WiFi range extender.
- You must not enter the extender’s default web address or the IP with typos. In such a case, you must check the entrée after entering it.
- Disable any proxy (if enabled) on your client device. Why? The reason is, proxies enabled on your device may prevent you from accessing the IP or the web address of your WiFi range extender.
- Your WiFi extender must be plug in properly and should get sufficient power supply from its respective wall socket.
- If you have entered the wrong extender’s username and password, then also you might get issues while logging in to your extender. And, if you are not logged in, then you might not able to access the extender’s setup page. So, its high-time to rectify your mistake.
DLink AC1200 Extender Setup WPS Method
WPS aka WiFi protected setup is one of the easiest methods to perform the extender setup process and extending your existing wireless range to great extent. But, you can only use the WPS method to perform the extender setup process if your host router has the WPS feature on it.
If your router has the WPS feature, then given below are the steps that will help you perform extender setup process using the WPS method. Read on!
The LED on your host router starts blinking rapidly. It is the indication that you are successfully done performing DLink AC1200 extender setup for 1610 using the WPS method.
Troubleshooting DLink AC1200 Extender Setup Issues
Are you facing issues while setting up your WiFi extender? If yes, then here are certain things that you have to keep in consideration to get rid of the issues you are facing during the process of WiFi extender setup:
hese were some of the best troubleshooting tips that will surely help you get rid of DLink WiFi extender setup issues. Going through the step-by-step instructions listed above, you will surely get success with the DLink AC1200 extender setup process.