Simple Steps to Perform D’Link DAP 1610 Setup
Do you wish to extend the existing WiFi network in your home? We recommend you get a D’Link DAP 1610 setup done at home. D’Link DAP 1610 is a wall plug wireless range extender that helps to widen the network coverage range with a WiFi speed of up to 1200 Mbps. This web page will walk you through the clear steps on how to set up the D’Link WiFi range extender in your home. Once you complete the setup, you can begin enjoying the extended network by getting rid of WiFi dead zones.
How to Perform D’Link DAP 1610 Setup?
In the package, you must have received a D Link extender and the user manual. Place the D’Link range extender in the same room as that of the host router and then proceed to Dlink extender setup.
Download the D Link App
- Unlock your Smartphone.
- Head towards the Google Play Store if it is an Android device or Apple App Store if you have an iOS device.
- Search and download D Link app from here.
- As soon as you download and install the app, tap on its icon to launch it.
Execute D’Link DAP 1610 Setup Instructions
- Power down the host router.
- On the welcome screen, tap on Install New Device.
- Now, tap on Scan the QR Code.
- Scan the QR code that is available on your extender. It will usually be located at the back of the device.
- Select the mode that you want to use on your extender.
Note: You can use your D’Link DAP 1610 extender in either Extender mode or Access Point mode. It completely depends on you, which mode you want to go for.
- Now, turn on the router. Next, plug your extender into a well-working power socket and switch it on using the Power button. Tap Next.
- When the device is powering up, the LED on it will be solid red.
- As soon as the device is ready for setup, the LED on it will begin flashing orange. Tap Next.
- It will prompt you to join the network that you want to extend. Tap on the WiFi network that you want to extend and tap Next.
Note: If you are using an Android device, the network will be joined automatically. On an iOS device, you will be prompted to connect to the network.
- Key in the WiFi password of the network that you want to extend and select Next.
- You can now assign a network name and password for your D Link extender.
- By default, the same network name and password of the main network is assigned to the extender. You can change it if you wish to.
Note: In case you are going to use your D Link DAP 1610 extender as a mesh extender, then you must leave the WiFi network name and password the same as that of the main network.
- The next step is to configure an admin password for your extender. This password is entirely different from the WiFi password. You use this to access the D Link DAP 1610 login page.
- You will see a summary of the changes and configuration settings that you made just now. You are recommended to make a note of these.
- Finally, tap Save, and the settings are saved.
D’Link DAP 1610 setup is completed now. The signal strength or the Status LED on your device should turn solid green now.
In case the LED does not turn green and keeps flashing orange, this implies the setup is not done properly.
In such a scenario, reset your extender and again try the setup process.
How to Reset D’Link Extender?
- Disconnect the extender from the router if there is a cabled connection between them.
- Next, ensure that the D Link extender is turned on.
- Locate the Reset button on it.
- Push and hold the button using a sharp pointed object.
- Release the button after about 10 seconds.
- D’Link DAP 1610 reset is done.
The Closing Note
After resetting your extender, try to set it up once again using the instructions given above.
After the D’Link DAP 1610 setup is done, you can access its login page using the admin password that you assigned and customize its settings as per your requirements.